Friday, February 17, 2012

Finally....Tool #11

Wow!  I feel I have become so much more aware of how technology can transform our classrooms!  It is a very exciting time to be in education!  My favorite tools would be using i-Pad apps for my individual and small group instruction, Skype Chats to discuss books with another campus' speech students, Wall wisher to post our comments and questions, Wordle to expand vocabulary comprehension, and Google Docs to help gather teacher concerns about any of my speech students.

11 Tools has totally transformed how I view engaging kids with lessons.  It is so true that this generation has grown up with technology so to try and keep them excited about learning with paper and pencil tasks is no longer working.  We need to meet their expectations in the class and along with that comes a huge benefit to teachers....we become excited about finding new ways to teach!

My only dilemma now is to insure that I have technology in the speech class to build on the momentum of using these tools!  I am scheduled to receive an i-Pad next week, but next on my wish list.....the use of an ActivBoard!!   How awesome would that be for my speech groups?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are poised and ready to go! Have fun exploring the iPad with your students. It is a terrific tool! Keep learning through your PLN - as you know, there is something new everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be getting my iPad on Monday so I am so excited to implement this with my speech students!! Can't wait!!

      Delete
  2. What an incredible journey! Your kiddos will have a wealth of new tools to work with now that 11Tools is a part of your Speech curriculum!
    Congratulations and keep that Wish List active. Have you thought about writing a grant? Congratulations and keep that Wish List active. Have you thought about writing a grant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nanette! I am so happy that I participated in 11 Tools...it has made me so much more aware of ways to use technology. I looked into a grant, but our campus received a grant in the fall so was not eligible for one this semester. Unless you know of other grants I could apply for? I would love to at least have access to an Active Board....I am attending a training at Bunker Hill next month on how to use the Active Board in speech/language lessons so I am sure I will learn alot of new ideas!! Can't wait!!

      Delete